2 Triple B FM is a Community Radio station based in the wonderfully diverse and beautiful Bellinger Valley in northern NSW. Run by volunteers in the local community and broadcasting to the Bellingen Shire for more than 35 years, its popularity has expanded, now reaching beyond our geographic borders to proudly engage with our online audience.
2bbb engages a diverse community of around 60 volunteers. All our presenters volunteer their time and energy and range in age from 14 to 80 years of age. They are passionate about music (and often many other things besides!) and want to share their passion with like-minded community members.
With a vast range of engaging programs, music and content, 2bbb prides itself on offering diversity and variety. As a listener you’ll enjoy music – including World Music, Progressive Rock, Dub, Ambient, Classical, Acoustic, Jazz, Country, Rockabilly – Indigenous, special interest, news & current affairs, cultural and business programs. We also provide the latest community happenings around the Bellingen Shire and further afield plus emergency communications.
We serve the Bellingen Shire community in the following ways:
- We have established a close relationship with Bellingen Shire Council, the Bello Youth Hub, owners and groups who manage venues that provide performance spaces for new local artisans and musicians which we will often interview (and play their latest recordings)
- We broadcast live from local festivals and events including sporting, music, theatrical and artistic events – many of which are organised by volunteer groups
- We broadcast local community news on our Community Bulletin Board three times each day
- We broadcast emergency information and updates relating to bushfires, floods and other natural disasters that pose a danger the Bellingen Shire community as and when they arise.
2bbb is a member of the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia.
2bbb is a not-for-profit organisation, which is governed by a Board of Directors.
- Kye Ruigrok – President
- Andrew Walls (Secretary)
- Michael Clarke (Treasurer)
- John Vallins
- Debbie Spillane
- Alex Richardson
- Nicole Hind
A benchmark of our policy is to provide a sustainable community radio station that serves the community and encapsulates “many voices, one community”.